Parent helper points?
Typically, to conduct a Track and Field competition on a weekly basis, CLAC requires between 60-70 parents in a volunteer role.
The rationale behind why we require parents and/or guardians to obtain parent duty points is as simple as, CLAC like to encourage parents and/or guardians to participate at their child or children’s field events. Without the parents (volunteers) assistance, the meeting simply cannot go ahead.
The other reason being, is to ensure that your child receives an award at presentation, CLAC have implemented a points system whereby the parents or guardians are required to fulfil throughout the summer season to enable your child gets an award at the end of the year. Each family is required to get 30 parent duty points per family, per year for your child/ren to be awarded with an end of season award.
- To register your parent helper duties, throughout the summer season is as simple as signing up to your child’s age group and then registering for what duty you would like to perform via our website.
- The link is generally posted in advance to the weekends competition.
- There is an assortment of parent duty points that you can be achieved, such as:-
- Set up (you will be required to arrive early (before competition) in order to set up all the equipment required for each competition) – generally an hour & a half will be required (3 points are awarded to your tally)
- Pack up (like set-up but you are actually packing away all the equipment at the end of the day’s competition) – (3 points are awarded to your tally)
- Canteen (you are required to be in the canteen and serve customers)
- BBQ (you are required to be at the BBQ area and either serve customers or cook food as required)
- Each age group are required to provide a team leader for each gender, i.e. U6 girls and U6 boys (3 points are awarded to your tally)
- Each age group are required to provide parent helpers (at least 3 helpers) for all field events. Your duties may include, raking the sand pit after each child has jumped, measuring, retrieving an implement, either a Javelin, Shot Put or discus. (1 point will be awarded to your tally)
- Gate Operators (training required) run and ensure the timing gates are working
- Gate Assistant assist the gate operator with the scanning of membership tags, and communicating with the starter.
- Front Gate Assistant assist club liason officers with making sure everyone checks in and assisting members with any help they may need.
- All families must nominate for a defined duty role per week.
- Your obligation is to perform your role whenever your child/ren compete
- There is no obligation for you to perform parent helper duties if your family is not in attendance at competition.
- Look out for CLAC social media for sign up posts throughout the summer season.