Age groups compete/participate weekly in structured competition, with competition generally occurring on a Saturday.
- Any given weeks, each age group will generally participate in 4 or 5 events a week (this will be dependent on the age group)
- There is generally 16 weeks of regular CLAC competition occurring on a Saturday
- At CLAC, there are three different programs that rotate from week to week, such as Program A, B or C
- Depending on which program CLAC are running, the actual events associated with that program will be advertised on Social media
- The Track and Field (summer) season generally runs from anywhere between October through to March the following year.
- Little athletics stops over the Christmas break
- Boys and girls compete separately
- The age group of U14-16 generally compete together due to a lesser amount of athletes competing but the results are maintained by each age group
- Parent volunteers officiate and coordinate the week to week competition throughout the year
- Age group officials (Parent helpers) will provide technical advice at weekly competition (particularly younger athletes/field events)
- Each athletes weekly results tally up to club awards at the end of the year
- There will be Medals and trophies provided for club awards – Personal best & age group champion at the end of the year.
- At CLAC, there are Personal Best medals, awarded to any athlete that achieves the following in any one season:-
- 10 Personal best achievements = Bronze medal
- 20 Personal best achievements = Silver medal
- 30 Personal best achievements = Gold medal
- Your child’s results at the end of the competition (generally at the end of the day) are uploaded onto Results HQ. You will be required to register an account for your child, whereby you will nominate a Username/email address and password.
- By logging into Results HQ, you have the ability to look at your child’s results throughout the calendar year where you can personally keep a track of your child’s personal best achievements for any given event.
Athletes at CLAC participate in the events identified in the table below. The Little Athletics VIC website contains a lot of information about events and how to run them including:
Centre Officiating booklet – LAVic-Centre-Officiating-Booklet-2021-2022.pdf
Centre competition regulations – 2021-22-Competition-Regulations.pdf (lavic.com.au)
Hurdle specifications – 2021-22-Hurdle-Specifications.pdf (lavic.com.au)
Throwing specifications – 2021-22-Throwing-Implements-Specifications.pdf (lavic.com.au)