CALLING OUT FOR ATHLETE REPRESENTATIVES!
We are holding Expressions of Interest (EOI) for our FIRST EVER Youth Council at Cranbourne Little Athletics Centre! This would be the first of its kind in Victoria! We would love to hear from you! Take a read to see what is involved.
What is the Youth Council?
We are looking for current athletes of Cranbourne Little Athletics Centre (12-16 years old) who would like to be involved in our Youth Council. The Youth Council will meet during the season through a combination of in person and online forums to get important feedback and ideas. You can be as involved as you want! Alongside the meetings some members might like to also run a project, or even be mentored by a member of the committee to get some vital work/industry experience.
What else could it involve?
- Provides a forum for our athletes to highlight issues, needs and aspirations important to them and relevant to Cranbourne Little Athletics Centre
- Provide advice and suggestions to the executive team regarding issues affecting athletes.
- Increase social connections with peers, family and adults.
- Initiate programs to help in the development of athletes at Cranbourne Athletics Centre.
- Work on ideas to welcome new athletes into our centre
- Contribute to our social media
- Have a say on special events you would like to see us run
Why should I be part of a Youth Council?
There are heaps of benefits including:
- develop invaluable skills and gain experiences that will help you be successful now and, in your future,
- enjoy working towards positive change in the club and community and around issues that you are passionate about
- learn more about other people in the club and community
- open new social opportunities
- have some fun!!!
Sound good? Need more information?
For general questions feel free to contact Holger or Dean, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on Social Media to register your interest. Make sure you chat about it with your parents, as we will need them to give their thumbs up for you to be involved.